For the dressing
- 280g bag green bean , stem end trimmed
- 3 large oranges
- 250g pack cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), cut into slim wedges
- 100g toasted hazelnut , roughly chopped
- 150g bag baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Cook the beans in boiling water for 2 mins, drain and run under cool water until cold, then drain well – they should still have a nice crunch. Using a sharp knife, remove the peel, then segment the oranges. Squeeze the juice from the pith into a small jam jar.
Layer the orange segments, beetroot, beans, hazelnuts and finally the spinach into a large plastic food container ready for the picnic – this way the spinach won’t go soggy.
Add the remaining ingredients for the dressing to the jam jar with some seasoning, seal and pack into your salad box. When you’re ready to serve, toss the salad and dressing together.